Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wedding Trends: Lighting Is Everything

When designing the decor for an event, the first step is to establish a budget.  From there, I want to work with the client to determine their design style.  We generally discuss their likes, dislikes and review numerous pictorial examples.  From there, I want to see the space so I can walk it and envision what they have described.  This step is truly important as I can pull inspiration from anything; drapes, window shapes, details on the exterior. 









For most of my evening events, I strongly recommend to almost all of my clients some type of lighting effect; monogram gobo, gobo patterns on the wall, ceiling or frame the dance floor and even just simply uplighting.  For a company party or convention, you could use the company colors and/or the company name on the wall. Its truly one of the most cost effective design elements that has the biggest impact on a design.  Such companies as Texas Events and ILD Lighting are among the most talented in Texas.

Photo Credit:
Akil Bennet
D.Jones Photography
Shawn Fashion Photography
Love Lee Photography
Studio Capture

No comments: