Friday, October 29, 2010

[SB!] Love: Wedding Planner's Rewards

When most people hear what I do, they always "ohhh" & "auhhh" and goosh about how much fun it must be to be a wedding planner. And truly, there are many times when it is incredibly fun and an absolute joy. What better kind of job could there be than creating some of the most heartfelt, memorable memories in a couple's life?! For me, it's sincerely an honor to have a couple entrust to me such a day.

Yes, it is very rewarding to have my own business, enjoy the benefits and sense of satisfaction as the company grows. But what most people don't realize is that it can be tremendously stressful, requires grueling hours and at times personal sacrifice. We find ourselves working evenings, weekends, but also some holidays. Because of this, I am super thankful for a loving and understanding family who support my passion that allows me to pursue my dream.

One of the the moments for me which puts me on cloud 9 is knowing that I made a couple's day all that they hoped for and MORE. One of those moments was today when I received a "thank you" note from last weekend's couple:

"Hi Samantha, We got back from the honeymoon last night and wanted to let you know that the wedding was absolutely fabulous!!!! Everything was so beautiful and we had a great time. Thanks again SO MUCH!!"

Blissfully Inspired

Samantha Darr
Owner/Lead Planner

No comments: